The Texidium Solution
Request and manage digital textbooks with ease through the Publisher Asset Library (PAL). Schools can browse hundreds of thousands of published resources and easily adopt the ones they need for their courses. Publishers can expand their reach into the academic market by putting their materials at the fingertips of school faculty.
+ PAL Features
- A web-based portal for the adoption and management of published academic materials
- An intuitive interface that makes it easy to browse resources and approve requests
- Extensive metadata on all resources based on ONIX 2.0 and 3.0 standards
- Direct communication between schools and publishers in the form of resource requests and product recommendations
- Report generation for real-time visibility of adoption and deployment progress
Schools can distribute digital textbooks through their existing LMS (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, or D2L Bightspace). Alternatively, schools can leverage the Digital Resource Portal (DRP) – Kivuto’s industry-leading distribution platform – to put books and software into students’ hands through a free, custom-branded WebStore.
+ DRP Features
- An intuitive one-stop shop for all students’ textbooks, course software, and other academic resources
- An easy-to-use administration site streamlines WebStore customization, report generation, and user account management
- Supports numerous user verification methods to keep your WebStore secure and enforce program compliance
- Provides secure delivery and inventory management of eTexts and software
- Supports a variety of payment and delivery methods
Go beyond reading with the Texidium Reader. The Reader is accessible through the web and available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Designed with accessibility and the user experience in mind, learners can read anytime, anywhere, on any popular device.
+ Reader Features
- Make notes, highlight text, bookmark pages, print passages, and jump straight to a specific page or chapter with ease
- Note-sharing functionality fosters collaboration between classmates and instructors
- Accessibility functions such as Read Aloud and adjustable text size help all readers get the most out of their digital textbooks
- Leverages the most current EPUB format to support videos, interactive quizzes, and other multimedia content
- Protects intellectual property with AES-256 encryption and customizable digital rights management parameters