Does Texidium include a text-to-speech feature?
Yes. Texidium’s desktop and mobile apps include an audio playback (or “Read Aloud”) feature so you listen to your books instead of reading them.
To activate Read Aloud
- Sign in to the Texidium app for Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Open the book you wish to listen to, and navigate to the chapter you wish to hear.
- Click the button to begin audio playback on Windows, Mac, or Android. If using an iPhone, tap the menu in the top-right corner, and then tap Read Aloud.
- To stop playback, click the icon (or tap » Read Aloud) again.
- Read Aloud is not available in Texidium’s online Reader. To use Read Aloud, download one of the Texidium apps at: https://reader.texidium.com/dist/#/apps.
- Read Aloud is only available while reading eTexts in EPUB format; PDF eTexts are not supported. To determine whether an eText is an EPUB or a PDF, click the information icon next to it in your Texidium Library.
See the video below to learn more about Texidium’s accessibility features (captions available in English and Spanish).