Does Texidium include a text-to-speech feature?
Yes. Texidium’s desktop and mobile apps include an audio playback (or “Read Aloud”) feature so you listen to your books instead of reading them.
To activate Read Aloud:
- Sign in to the Texidium app for Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Open the book you wish to listen to, and navigate to the chapter you wish to hear.
- Click the button to begin audio playback.
- To stop playback, click the icon again.
- Read Aloud is not available in Texidium’s online Reader. To use Read Aloud, download one of the Texidium apps at: https://reader.texidium.com/dist/#/apps.
- Read Aloud is only available while reading eTexts in EPUB format; PDF eTexts are not supported. To determine whether an eText is an EPUB or a PDF, click its About icon () in your Texidium Library, and then click Get Book Info.
See the video below to learn more about Texidium’s accessibility features (captions available in English and Spanish).